Search This Website

Apr 10, 2021

Started 10 months ago quitting his job as a civil engineer and started buying scrap online, now earning Rs 50,000 per month

 Started 10 months ago quitting his job as a civil engineer and started buying scrap online, now earning Rs 50,000 per month


There is an online scrap shop in Faizullaganj in the Madiyanv area of ​​Lucknow, which is full of scrap. The shop is owned by Civil Engineer Om Prakash. It was during the lockdown last year that Omprakash decided to quit his job and start his own business. His decision has gained momentum today. His work, which started from Lucknow, is now slowly spreading across UP. He is also earning Rs 50,000 per month from this.

Started 10 months ago quitting his job as a civil engineer and started buying scrap online, now earning Rs 50,000 per month


"I did my diploma in civil engineering from Hardoi Polytechnic in 2014," says Omprakash, 29. Then I got a job at a company. Worked in Lucknow for a few days. Then I was sent to Varanasi as the site in charge. Celery was not much during this. When I quit my job, I was getting 30 thousand rupees every month. The thought of doing something of my own often came to my mind during the job. However, nothing could be decided then what to do.


“I had to do scrap management while working on the site,” he says. If they came to buy scrap, they would take the scrap at the same price. This thing stuck in my mind. I felt I could do my own business in this sector. Then in 2019, I created a website called lucknowkabadiwala.com as a trial. Didn't start working on it though.

Started 10 months ago quitting his job as a civil engineer and started buying scrap online, now earning Rs 50,000 per month


When he came home in lockdown, he did not go back to work

Omprakash says that in 2020 when Corona's case started growing, I took leave and came home. It felt like a lockdown just a few days later. That spare time proved to be a turning point for me. It gave me a chance to think and understand. Talked to family members about their ideas. Everyone had the same opinion that starts. Then I started working in June 2020. Two people were working with me then. Then as the work progressed I increased its number. A team of five people works with me today.


Put a little of your own savings, borrow a little

"I did market research before I started working," says Omprakash. However, no proper information could be found. The biggest difficulty in this work was that there was no fixed rate. As soon as the customer was found, it was decided. Seeing this, I came up with the idea of ​​buying scrap metal online. Never thought a meal would even be found online. That’s how I started lucknowkabadiwala.com. Funds of Rs 5 lakh to Rs 6 lakh were required at the beginning of the work. Little was my FD and savings. Borrowed some money and took it from some family and the work started.


How does it work?


Omprakash has put a price list of each scrap on his website. If someone wants to give their old or bad stuff to a scrap dealer, Omprakash's website is a great option. He can give information about his luggage by visiting their website or by phone. After talking to the man, Omprakash's team arrives at his house and buys scrap metal with an electronic weighbridge.


At the same time, Omprakash also buys goods from people who drive scrap trucks. Social media has helped him a lot in this work. They say that we have now built a warehouse of our own, in which we have started filling up by buying more and more scrap.


Omprakash buys scrap goods and supplies them to big traders or big companies. The money he earns from this he spends on giving salary to his colleagues and running his own business. Even after that, they earn a profit of Rs 50,000 per month. Despite the initial loss, the family supported him

Click Here To Read In Gujarati

Omprakash says there was a lot of loss in the beginning. So much so that I could not even earn as much as I was earning. All the money went out to pay the allies' salary, shop, warehouse, and car rental. Within the first two or three months, I was disappointed and my family took care of me. He assured me that everything would be fine. By Diwali, I have repaid my loan and am now earning over Rs 50,000.


The business is to spread across UP by next year

Omprakash says that my goal now is to take this concept to the whole of UP. I have received a very good response in Lucknow. The customer is happy with our transparency. Transparency is a problem everywhere. In that, we will now offer franchises in UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts